Organized according to ship sailed on
HANNAH DURBAN TO MELBOURNE
Compiled from the Durban Port Captain’s list and the Melbourne list (per kind favour Public Library of Victoria), various Natal sources, and with grateful acknowledgment to the research of Dr Bruce J. Bennett, 200 Auburn Rd, Hawthorn, 3122.
R = eventually returned to Natal.
1. Died in Melbourne.
2. Acknowledgements to Jess Bennett, 3 Kokoda Ave. Bli Bli, 4560.
3. Son of William Barrett (c.1800-1877). Also information from Mrs Ann
Shuttleworth – firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Left his children in Natal.
5. Not mentioned on either the Durban or Melbourne lists (information from former
6. Son of George Franklin (1808-1897). Mark married in Australia.
7. Acknowledgments to Max Williams, 31 Moselle St, Box Hill North, 3129
8. Left his wife and children behind..
9. Possibly Andrew Stevens (born c.1829).
10 Possibly David Suttie (born c.1822).
11 Possibly Frederick Symes (born c.1822).
12. Acknowledgments to K.W.E. Vear – email@example.com
13. Father and son.
SARAH BELL DURBAN – MELBOURNE
Compiled from the Durban Port Captain’s list and other Natal sources.
Apparently the Melbourne list has not survived.
- ALLOWAY (1)
- DIMOCK, Dr. George (MRCS),wife Sarah (born c.1826), and servant.Vol. 5.
- HALLOWAY, John.
- BOWLAN/BOWLAW, J. Unidentified.
- BRAITHWAITE, Charles J. or Constantine John (born c.1831). Vol. 3.
- BRYAN, James (born c.1824), wife Rebecca (born c.1824), and child. Vol. 3.
- BUSH, Thomas (born c.1812). Vol. 3. (2)
- CARROLL, W. Unidentified.
- CARRUTHERS, Joseph Swan (born c.1819). Vol. 4.
- CROCKER, William (born c.1828). Vol. 5.
- DACOMB, Joseph (born c.1822). Vol. 5
- FIELD, J.R.A /J.C.A.? Vol. 6 (3).
- GIBBONS, Thomas. Vol. 7
- GILLAND, J. Unidentified.
- GREAVES, John W. (born c.1819) & wife Anne (born c.1820). Vol.7.
- GRICE, Waltham (born c.1832). Vol.7 (4) R.
- HARRISON, C. or J. . (5)
- HUTCHINSON, J. Unidentified.
- ILIFFE, William Gregory.
- KIRKHAM, J. Unidentified.
- LUKE, Charles, and Dr. Henry Joseph.
- McKNIGHT, James (c.1810-1881) R.
- MARSHALL, Cuthbert (born c.1827), and William (born c.1831).
- NOWELL, Frederick.
- PASFORD (Passford/Ponsford), W. Unidentified.
- PHILLIPS, Samuel Vincent Price (born c.1824),and Harriet J.S. (born c.1824).
- PHILLPOTT, G.[sic] (6)
- RICHARDSON, Richard (born c.1820), Anne E. (born c.1825 ),.and child.
- ROLFE, J. and wife. (7)
- SCOTSON, Samuel (born c.1829).
- SEARLE, E. Unidentified.
- SMITH, G. Unidentified.
- TUCKER, Alfred Octavius (c..1830 – 1853) (8)
- TURNBULL, Adam (born c.1815).
- WALKER, John (born c.1808), Esther (born c.1809), and three children.
- WARWICK, Edward. (9)
- WEBBER, Joseph or John (born c.1824).
- WILLIS, James (born c.1812), wife and two children.(10)
- WILSON, William Donald (c.1822 – c.1872) R..
(1) Possibly John Halloway.
(2) Mrs. Sarah Bush (born c.1811), and four children followed him in Sep. 1853.
(3) Possibly John Field (born c.1831).
(4) Son of John Grice (c.1801 -1859).
(5) Possibly J. Cuthbert Harrison (born c.1829).
(6) Possibly Thomas Philpott (born c.1818).
(7) Presumably James Rolfe (born c.1817), and wife Hannah
(8) Died of fever six days after landing in Melbourne.
(9) Wife Mary and children followed in Wee Tottie, Feb.1853.
(10) Brother Samuel Willis (born c.181) left for Cape Town and Australia in July 1853..